- HW4 grades are available (on grade-o-matic). Let me know if you have questions. --Rodrigo
CS422/Assignments/HW5 is now available.
Due dates for HW4 have been updated. See CS422/Assignments for details.
- No TA hours on Monday March 26th, as I will be away next week. Hours moved to Wednesday April 4th. --Rodrigo
- HW3 grades are available (on grade-o-matic). Let me know if you have questions. --Rodrigo
CS422/Assignments/HW4 is now available.
- The assignment schedule will be changing, to have only 2 more assignments, both due after break. These will probably not be based on the Princeton/Tromsø codebase. Watch this space for more details.
The philosophers.c process in CS422/Assignments/HW3 triggers a PANIC in bochs by filling up its internal keyboard buffer. The work-around is to tell bochs to ignore this PANIC by selecting the alwayscont option when it first occurs.
In CS422/Assignments/HW3, if you are having trouble getting a second timer interrupt out of the PIC, it's because the PIC needs to be sent an end-of-interrupt code at the end of your interrupt handler (this is separate from just re-enabling interrupts on the CPU). The code for this is outb 0x20, 0x20. See the resources below on interrupt handling for more details.
- HW2 grades are available (on grade-o-matic). Let me know if you have questions. --Rodrigo
CS422/Assignments/HW3 is now available.
There will be no midterm exam. There will still be a final exam, which will still count for approximately two homework assignments.
- HW1 grades are available (on grade-o-matic). Let me know if you have questions. --Rodrigo
CS422/Assignments/HW2 is now available. Run svn up on your common directory to get the files.
- Lectures will be held in AWK 500 starting Wednesday, 2007-02-07.
- First round of svn/grade-o-matic accounts have been created. If you sent me email before noon today you should have received an id and password. You can use this id to check out your working copy from the repository. Note: If you are in a group, use your own id to check out your copy (your partner will do the same in their own account).
By popular demand, you may apply up to a total of 100 late hours to your assignments without penalty.