Where to go for information: http://pine.cs.yale.edu/pinewiki/CS422
- Announcements, schedule, etc.
Do CS422/Assignments/HW0 as soon as possible!
- Six projects, due every two weeks, with oral design review one week before due date.
- Typically done in groups of two (but you can go it alone if you want).
- Both group members share the same grade barring extremely unusual circumstances.
- Goal is to write a complete toy operating system that boots on PC hardware by the end of the semester.
- We will use the bochs emulator instead of putting real machines at risk.
- Most code will be written in a mixture of x86 assembly language and C.
- Distribution and submission using Subversion server running on pine.cs.yale.edu.
- Midterm (counts as 1 assignment)
- Final (counts as 2 assignments)
- Mostly covers material from readings and lectures that doesn't show up in the projects.
- Supplemented by lecture notes and advanced readings.