I am an associate research scientist of
Science Department at Yale
University. My research interests include
distributed system reliability, security and privacy, as well
as software verification.
I am now working with
and Avi Silberschatz
to address the cloud reliability problems (e.g.,
correlated failures and configuration errors) by proposing
efficient, accurate and rapid auditing techniques.
I am also working with
Joan Feigenbaum and
Bryan Ford on PriFi, a low-latency and
tracking-resistant anonymous communication system.
I received my Ph.D. degree in 2015
from Yale University,
under the guidance of
During my 4-year Ph.D. study, I spent most of my time on building a
proactive cloud-reliability auditing system,
which was published in OSDI'14
and constitutes the core of my Ph.D. dissertation.
I am still working on
improving each component of INDaaS now.
- Resisting Tag Spam by Leveraging Implicit User
Ennan Zhai, Zhenhua Li, Zhenyu Li,
Fan Wu and Guihai Chen.
43rd International Conference on Very Large Data Bases
(VLDB'17), Sep, 2017.
- Probabilistic Automated Language Learning for Configuration
Mark Santolucito, Ennan Zhai, and Ruzica Piskac.
28th International Conference on Computer Aided Verification
- AnonRep: Towards Tracking-Resistant Anonymous Reputation.
Ennan Zhai, David Isaac Wolinsky,
Ruichuan Chen, Ewa Syta, Chao Teng, and Bryan Ford.
13th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation
(NSDI'16), Mar, 2016.
- Heading Off Correlated Failures through
Ennan Zhai, Ruichuan Chen, David Isaac Wolinsky, and Bryan Ford.
11th USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems
Design and Implementation (OSDI'14),
[The Register News].
- IEEE P2P'09
- Sorcery: Could We Make P2P Content Sharing Systems
Robust to Deceivers?
Ennan Zhai, Ruichuan Chen, Zhuhua
Cai, Long Zhang, Eng Keong Lua, Huiping Sun, Sihan Qing,
Liyong Tang, and Zhong Chen.
9th IEEE International Conference on
Peer-to-Peer Computing (P2P'09), Sep, 2009.
Awarded Outstanding Paper.
- Practical Web-based Delta Synchronization for Cloud
He Xiao, Zhenhua Li,
and Tianyin Xu.
9th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage and
File Systems (HotStorage'17),
- Large-Scale Invisible Attack on AFC Systems with NFC-Equipped
Fan Dang, Pengfei Zhou, Zhenhua Li,
Aziz Mohaisen, Qingfu Wen, and Mo Li.
36th IEEE International Conference on
Computer Communications (INFOCOM'17),
- Building Privacy-Preserving Cryptographic Credentials from
Federated Online Identities.
John Maheswaran, Daniel Jackowitz,
David Isaac Wolinsky, and Bryan Ford.
6th ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and
Privacy (CODASPY'16), Mar, 2016.
- On the Synchronization Bottleneck of OpenStack Swift-Like
Cloud Storage Systems.
Thierry Titcheu, Ennan Zhai,
Zhenhua Li, Yong Cui, and Kui Ren.
35th IEEE International Conference on
Computer Communications (INFOCOM'16),
- A Risk-Evaluation Assisted System for Service Selection.
Ennan Zhai, Liang Gu and Yumei Hai.
22nd IEEE International Conference on
Web Services (ICWS'15), Jun, 2015.
- An Untold Story of Redundant Clouds:
Making Your Service Deployment Truly Reliable.
Ennan Zhai, Ruichuan Chen,
David Isaac Wolinsky, and Bryan Ford.
9th Workshop on Hot Topics in
Dependable Systems (HotDep'13),
Systems (Fall 2016, Yale), Instructor: Avi Silberschatz
Systems (Spring 2016, Yale), Instructor: Avi Silberschatz
Software Analysis and Verification (Fall 2015, Yale),
Instructor: Ruzica Piskac
Co-Instructor, Advanced Network and System Topics (Spring 2015, Yale)
Engineering (Spring 2015, Yale), Instructor: Ruzica Piskac
Decentralized Systems (Fall 2014, Yale), Instructor: Bryan Ford
Distributed Systems Theory (Spring 2014, Yale), Instructor: James Aspnes
Decentralized Systems (Fall 2013, Yale), Instructor: Bryan Ford
and Programming Techniques (Spring 2013, Yale), Instructor: Stanley Eisenstat
Decentralized Systems (Fall 2012, Yale), Instructor: Bryan Ford
- ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing (SoCC'17)
- SIGCOMM HotConNet'17
- 13th International Conference on Distributed Computing and
Internet Technology (ICDCIT'17)
- 21st ACM Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel
Programming (PPoPP'16) Artifact Evaluation
- 7th IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference
- 26th European Symposium on Programming (ESOP'17)
- 19th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS'12)
- 20th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communication
- 2nd IEEE International Conference on Social Computing
- IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN)
- ACM Transactions on Privacy and Security (Formerly TISSEC)
- IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC)
- IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics & Security
- Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications (PPNA)
Last Update: Apr. 2017